Subject: Re: SurFace Bar Suggestion
From: [email-masked] (paul davies)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 15:52:26 -0500

>i know u can name the surfaces when u build the model to like motor_piston
>but some times i get a huge list of surfaces of stuff and cant find it the
>one i need :) i know.. lazyness.. but its just a suggestion..

There's nothing lazy about desiring a better method for keeping track of 
surfaces. Personally I think Caligari has the best method of all the popular 
platforms - though I wouldn't trade LW for TrueSpace.
   TrueSpace actually highlights the polygons assigned to the selected 
surface by displaying only that portion of the wireframe. Not only does it 
hide the rest of the wireframe, it also uses the surface color to display 
the lines. TrueSpace also allows you to render the selected surface - alone 
-  as it appears in the current view. You can also interactively define your 
texture mapping coordinates and define any projection angle! The icing on 
the cake is TrueSpace's handling of decals. There's actually a wireframe 
representation of the decal which you can position and scale interactively.
   Again, don't get me wrong LW is my program of choice but if I could get 
those TrueSpace features in LW I think I'd have to change my pants.

Paul Davies  [email-masked]     http://www.magnet.com/~pdavies/
Concept Artist-RPG/Action Games
Magnet Interactive Studios Inc.